How VenueSafe Keeps You Protected
VenueSafe is a set of protocols and procedures that we follow each and every day to keep our employees and guests safe, in accordance with provincial guidelines. Select a category to learn more details.
KEEPING YOU SAFE
- We are limiting venue capacity, spacing out our games floor, and limiting the number of tables available for sit-down dining.
- Signage will remind you to keep at least 2 metres away from other parties. Staff will be on hand to help direct you.
- Upon entering, you will be required to provide information to allow for contact tracing as well as a COVID-19 screening for anyone entering the building.
- We are wiping down points of sale, tables, pin pads, and other high traffic areas more frequently with Health Canada approved disinfectants.
- Hand sanitizer stations and wipes are located throughout our venue for you to use.
- Contactless payment options are preferred and are available at our registers. We accept all major credit cards, debit and mobile payment services as well as cash.
FOOD & DRINKS
- All kitchen staff will be wearing masks.
- Food will be prepared with gloves, in addition to our enhanced staff hand-washing practices.
- There will be limited food and drink contact between kitchen and tables with safety protocols strictly adhered to.
- Signage will instruct you to ensure physical distancing while lining up and picking up food, as well as ensuring our Bites and Eatery seating is physically distanced.
- We are spacing out our games throughout the building to ensure proper physical distancing.
- All games will be sanitized frequently.
- We encourage you to make use of our hand sanitizer stations and wipes before and after playing a game.
- If you’re interested in booking a party with us learn more about our birthday packages.
ENGAGING WITH STAFF
- Following Canada’s public health guidelines, masks may be required in certain regions. In those regions we require that our guests wear a mask and only remove it briefly to eat or drink
- In regions where required, our staff must complete a self-assessment, provided by each province, that clears them to work. Staff will be instructed to stay home if they do not pass the provincial self-assessment (before their shift starts) or sent home if they begin to show systems of COVID-19 or the flu during their shift.
If you have any concerns or would like any further information, please call Guest Services at 1-800-333-0061.